Big Data Survey
University of Amsterdam is conducting a benchmarking study on Big Data applications across sectors and industries. The study is supported by ORTEC Consulting Group. Part of the study is a survey, targeting entrepreneurs, business leaders and innovative thinkers involved in Big Data.
Fill out the Survey and help us find answers to questions like: “How to find, attract and retain Big Data talent? and “How to stimulate entrepreneurship in Big Data?”. Among the participants that complete the survey, University of Amsterdam will give away 100,- Amazon gift cards, worth $ 50,-
Definition of Big Data
University of Amsterdam uses the following definition of Big Data in this survey:
Definition – Big Data is the use of large volumes of (live) data (numerical data, text, audio, images, video) for the benefit of business and society. Search engines and social networks are perfect examples of heavily used applications. To understand such applications, a combination of skills is necessary. These skills include computer science, statistics, mathematics, law/ethics and domain-specific knowledge, such as medical, psychological, linguistic, financial, marketing and logistic knowledge.
Objectives of the Big Data Survey
The objectives of this survey are:
- to obtain a better insight into the use of Big Data applications in your organization – compared to other organizations,
- to obtain a better insight into organizational needs (e.g. education, research, project support) and requirements for Big Data applications.
- Your answers are strictly confidential. University of Amsterdam will never disclose your name or the name of your organization;
- The big data survey consists of 20 questions and will take no longer than 10 minutes;
- Participation to this survey will be open until Friday, September 19;
- You will receive a complimentary copy of the study from University of Amsterdam;
- Your browser should accept a pop-up from our survey software Surveymonkey.
Take the Survey
You can access the University of Amsterdam Big Data Survey here: Big Data Survey