Incorporating a Chatbot into your company can lead to more efficient operations. The web is stacked with philosophies on how a Chatbot can significantly boost the efficiency of an organization. But is this really the case? During one of our latest projects for a Dutch insurance company we experienced first-hand that it’s not only philosophies. Chatbots not only provide quicker answers to consumers, it saves the user (in this case the employee) a lot of searching hours and related frustration. Besides boosting your efficiency, Chatbots offer real-time assistance and can help increase your profitability, improve functionality, and maximize your company’s sustainability with minimal cost and effort. If your customer service department is constantly being drowned in calls and could benefit from more structure, then it might be worthwhile to evaluate whether a Chatbot makes sense for your business. In short, incorporating a Chatbot can be beneficial if:
- Your business receives many (simple) questions that your employees answer repetitively
- Your customers are usually searching for simple answers or information that can be easily retrieved from an existing corpus of documents;
- You work in a highly competitive market where quick and quality customer service support is a buyer’s major deciding factor.
Maybe you didn’t even need the “checklist” and you knew already intuitively that a Chatbot will boost the efficiency of your department. However, each successful project starts with a well-substantiated business case that clearly demonstrates the value it will deliver. So, some food for thought…
Here’s How a Chatbot Can Add Value to Your Customer Service Department
Chatbots can support employees in relatively basic and repetitive tasks with great speed, minimal cost, and ease of implementation and use. Furthermore, it can offer:
1. A Chatbot Can Increase Profitability
- Chatbots can offer an interactive communication where they can ask deeper questions to understand the root problem
- The integration of chatbots in online businesses are changing the way companies interact with their customers. This is leading to better user experiences and better metric growth and revenue
- Having exceptional customer service 24/7 has a positive impact on your customer satisfaction
- The more accurate and efficient your answers are, the higher your customer satisfaction will be
- Your customer will appreciate the direct communication, avoiding long holds and transfer calls to and from Customer Support Specialists
2. A Chatbot Can Increase Efficiency
- Your team has more time to focus on ideas and complex problem solving
- Having a Chatbot answer simple questions enables your customer service representatives to save time and assist more important cases rather than time consuming simple tasks
- Your team will be able to handle more tasks at once, keeping none of your customers waiting and, therefore, allowing you to scale up your operations to new markets
- Implementing a full functioning chatbot is much cheaper and faster than creating a cross platform app or hiring employees for each task
- Since Chatbots are automated solutions, by “employing” chatbots that complement human agents, you will not only save on employee costs but you will also avoid the problems caused by human errors
3. A Chatbot Can Increase Functionality
- Chatbots can present customers with rich content (like information pages)
- Chatbots can be used to track consumer behaviors by monitoring user data
- Chatbots can solve your customer care problems in multiple languages and 24/7, 365 days a year.
4. A Chatbot Can Increase Sustainability
- A Chatbot stimulates sustainable brand growth through consistent messaging and voice
- It can increase employee Satisfaction as it is easier to retrieve documentation and information that will enable answering, so saving your team a lot of frustration
- Constant monitoring and analysis of all conversations is possible by creating an interactive dashboard that gathers information from historic chats
Chatbots can be of great value for many companies that are overwhelmed with the number of repetitive tasks their employees are having to endure. Incorporating a Chatbot into the company to manage your customer service calls can lead to more efficient operations, with the added bonus of increased customer satisfaction. Chatbots act as a middle-man, tackling any simple customer questions, and leaving the more difficult calls for the customer service representatives. In the long run, your customer service department will be able to function more efficiently and it will cut costs that would have been spent on answering unnecessary calls that could have simply been answered by a Chatbot.
*This article was written in collaboration with Wim Jansen.